Wednesday 29 June 2011

Nail of the Day: A mad colour combination with crackles!

I've been wanting to try out some different colour combinations with my shatter polishes for a long time- and today I finally got around to it. I have the Barry M Instant Nail Effects in three colours; Black Magic (311) Pink Fizz (314) and Blue Print (315), and I chose 10 different (mostly pastel) shades to go underneath.






Left hand (little finger-- thumb) Models Own Grey Day, Models Own Lemon Meringue, Primark Glo Baby Glo Cornflour, Models Own Fuzzy Peach, XOX (random Australian brand) no. 08



Left hand

I think my favorite nail on this hand is the orange with blue crackle; because they are complementary colours it really stands out. The yellow and blue looks pretty good too (it's brighter in real life).




Right hand (thumb--little finger) Models Own Feeling Blue, e.l.f. Punk Purple, e.l.f. Mint Cream, Barry M Indigo, Models Own Pastel Pink.


Right hand
 
I really really love the Mint Cream with blue crackle- it's a great summery combination :) Ironically the Barry M Indigo colour really doesn't work well with the crackle polishes, it somehow washes out the colour and it looks all patchy now. The thumb colours also look great- I like blue and pink together.

I'm not sure I'll ever do wacky nails like this again- I quite like my nails to be matching, but it was fun and I got some compliments (albeit from 10 year olds...) plus it gave me some good ideas about which colour combinations work well together :)

Whats the oddest thing you've ever done on your nails?

                     
                                                                                  xGretalRabbitx

3 comments:

  1. I agree the orange and the blue is a great combo!
    I love how you've put little spots of polish on your lids to make it easier to find the colour your after! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I store my polishes upright in a drawer so the dots help me see which is which from above (I'm going to do a nail polish collection/storage post soon so you'll see) :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving the blue and pink combo.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)