Wednesday 13 July 2011

Currently loving :) And Loathing...

Currently Loving...

In the past few weeks I've had a lot of 'no make up' days, mainly because I've had some awful hay fever, and I didn't see the point in irritating my eyes even more, and also (lets be honest) I've been quite lazy too... But when I have worn make up there are a few things I keep going back to, and a few new 'must haves'.





The 17 mascara, e.l.f. cream eyeliner in coffee (I think I've perfected the art of application now too!) and the e.l.f. under eye concealer pretty much go without saying now, they are the 3 most-used-products in my collection. I've just realised that this is the third appearance of the under eye concealer, and I've yet to review it; so expect a product rave on this soon :)

The MUA palette in Heaven and Earth is fast becoming a new staple for me, there are good all-over-lid shades that I can wear alone (for lazy days) and great darker shades that work well as crease colours. I've been using the Natural Collection Duo eyeshadow in Mink/Sable a lot recently too- the colours offer a good matte companion to the MUA shades.

I've been playing around with Posie Tint since I got it (a lovely freebie from Glamour) and I think I've got it to work for me now- I kept getting it a little streaky and found it hard to work with, but now I love it; it gives a nice natural flushed look, and it's great for travel as you don't need a brush to apply it (and it's tiny). I don't really like it on my lips though, it feels quite drying and because my lips are rather pigmented it doesn't really show up too well.





Since I made my DIY Lip Scrub I've not stopped using it, and I have super soft lips! I like to use it as I take off my make up in the evening (probably lots of times during the day) though I don't recommend using an old carmex tub, it's taken on a little bit of a carmexy taste...

As you'll probably noticed if you've seen any of my NOTD posts, my nails and cuticles are not generally in the best condition, but recently I've been haing at least one 'day off' of nail polish, and treating my nails to copious amounts of e.l.f.s Nourishing Cuticle Pen. It has Avocado and Almond oils, as well as vitamins- all good things for my nails, and my cuticles have been looking a lot better :) I've also been relying on my Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener to try and repair my nails (they've been peeling) I was lucky enough to get this free in last years May Glamour giveaway, and I think it really does make repair my nails- it helps them to thicken up and become stronger. The only problem is that I don't like it as a base coat, it makes my polish peel off really fast, but luckily it has quite a shiny finish so I don't mind wearing it alone.

Finally, my cupcake pendant has been my most worn jewellery recently, and I've had surprising number of compliments about it :)

I've recently started using beautylish, and it's a lot of fun; it's been described as a facebook for beauty- and it really is, I recommend you check it out :) (I'm GretalRabbit if you want to 'follow' me)


Currently Loathing...

My little toe- it doesn't hurt that much unless I poke it/ try to move it (not really a problem, how many times do you wriggle your little toe?) but its still very bruised- a lovely purple shade.

What are your current loves and loathes?

                                                                                  xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)