Sunday 11 September 2011

Nail of the Day: Models Own Pro, Yas-Mint!!! :)

I finally removed the beautiful Midnight Blue shade from my nails last night (to be honest it was getting beyond a joke.. I just liked looking at it- chipped or not) and naturally I had to give Yas-Mint a whirl (I've been itching to use it since my package arrived) and I'm super-glad I did :)

It took 3 coats (it was still a little streaky after 2) and oddly the polish smells seriously like tip-ex when applying, but it does dry pretty fast (definitely faster than the regular Models Own polishes) and when it's dry it actually smells quite nice- reminds me of a strong but fruity cocktail.

The colour is identical to e.l.f. Mint Cream, but as I said in my e.l.f. polish review that is one of the (few) e.l.f. polishes that isn't too easy to apply (it's very thin and streaky) so I'm happy to have a dupe. Anyway- I love this shade, look how pretty! (I may or may not have gotten over-excited and taken a few too many pictures again...)





I could waffle on about how much I love this colour... but my nails wont stare at themselves!


What are your 'can't stop staring at my nails' polishes? Or is it just me?


                                                                                                       xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. I have this colour and I love it! It's got a subtle shimmer to it too =D It's a lovely summery shade for whilst the weather is still (sort of) behaving itself! Which will you try next? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know isn't it lovely! I actually quite like wearing fun brighter colours in the winter- it cheers me up! I'm hoping the order I made (when it was 50% off) comes soon- I'm really desperate to try Purple Grey! :)
    Thank you for following my blog :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Thank-you for following mine! I'm sure you'll get your order soon, I have both of mine now including the one I made on the last day of the sale so it won't be long now! Bright colours are always so cheerful =) Purple Grey is definitely more autumnal xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pleasure- I'm glad I found your blog :) Yeah it was dispatched sometime last week- fingers crossed it might be here tomorrow! :) I can't wait to get it!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)