Wednesday 26 October 2011

Yet another little haul :)

I suppose it's been a fair while since I've bought so many new items (my last haul was 1 nail polish and a whole load of sponges!) so I'm kinda proud of myself- as there's been so many new things out recently that I've been rather interested in.

First stop on todays shopping trip was Boots (it just happens to be the closest to the car park...) where I decided to take up the free gift with purchase of two 17 items. I needed a new mascara (my 17 Lash Defining Mascara is running out, and getting old and flaky- though it has lasted about 4/5 months) and I chose the Va Va Voom Volume Mascara (In Brown/Black) on a bit of a whim- I've not heard of it before. It has a large bristly brush and quite a dryish formula compared to the Lash Defining Mascara- I've only used it once but so far I like it, I'm sure I'll post a full review once I've used it more :)





The other 17 product I got is (I think somewhat predictably) the Lilac Magnetized Nail Polish. I love the effect my blue one gives and I kept seeing the purple one and purple is my favorite colour- I couldn't resist :) I've painted my nails with it already- I'll show it to you properly in a NOTD post tomorrow.



So with my purchase of the 17 mascara and nail polish I got a free gift (I'm sure you've seen it before- so many other bloggers have it too!) The Femme Noir collection is made up of 3 full sized products: a Liquid Liner in Black (usually £3.99), an Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss in Very Berry (£3.99) and a glitter eyeshadow in Night Sky (£3.89) which comes to a total of £11.87 worth of free items.





I really like the lip gloss, it's a lovely deep berry colour- not necessarily a shade I would've chosen myself, but it's perfect for this time of year, and I'm glad it's forcing me to branch out into berry shades. The eyeshadow is also really nice, a deep almost brownish grey with some silvery glitter, another seasonal essential. The liner is probably not for me, I've never been able to work with a liners like this- I'll try again as I quite like the brush of this one, but I may end up giving it to my sister.

Next stop was Superdrug, where I purchased the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream. After trying the sample out for several days- I really liked it! It definitely blends into my skin tone nicely (no hint of orange, which is what I was afraid of) and although it doesn't hide blemishes or redness, it does 'blur' my imperfections. Superdrug has it on sale for £7.99 (and with my £1 voucher from the sample I received I paid only £6.99!) I'm sure I'll have a review of that soon too :)




Lastly I popped into The Body Shop (they're having a bit of a sale- well worth a look, especially for some Christmas present bargains!) and spotted an Eau De Toilette that I've been frequently sniffing for months on sale for £4.50 (for 30ml). It's quite a departure for me actually- this is quite a sweet and floral scent (if you've read any of my perfume collection reviews you'll know I usually prefer much deeper scents) though it's not at all sickly or sugary like a lot of other scents, and on my skin it (as always) it does become a little more musky. For an Eau De Toilette it also lasts really well on me- I love it! :)




What have you been buying recently? Have you got the 17 free gift- if so what do you think?


                                                                                            xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)