Sunday 1 January 2012

2012: Looking Forward...

Happy New Year everyone!!!! :)




If you missed out on seeing real fireworks last night you can create your own little display here (I love this website, I spent ages playing with it yesterday!)


I'm not usually one for new years resolutions (I generally don't think they work) but I do have a few things I'd like to do in 2012 and I know that making them public will make me more likely to get them done and stick to my goals so here they are:

1) Get my lovely new rats (Gandalf and Dumbledore) used to being handled, we've had them just over a week now, and although they're used to our presence they're still a little wary- I plan to win them over with yoghurt (they love it!) and other treats :) As soon as I can get them to stay still enough I'll be taking pictures to show you- they really are adorable :)

2) Keep my blog going- I have lots of new things to review, and many ideas for nail art to show you all (as well as 3/4 of the 52 week challenge), so I hope that 2012 will be a good year for GretalRabbit Writes, perhaps even more people will discover my blog too! :) I'm going to try and get a better schedule sorted for myself so that I can get posts out earlier or at least at a similar time every day, which I think will make for better quality posts (rushed writing never comes out as well as I'd like!)

3) Eat more healthily- at university when I cooked and shopped for myself I ate a lot better because I refused to buy snack foods and less healthy stuff- but now I'm at home there's temptation everywhere and my willpower is not strong...

4) On a similar note- exercise more! It can be very easy for me to not do much exercise- especially in the winter: I hate the cold so walking is a no-go for me and my pathetically weak ankles prevent me from running.... But I really love dancing and I have Just Dance on the Wii, so I plan on using it a lot more. I might get some kind of workout/dance DVD to do too (I know pump it up is a good one, a friend at uni had it.)

5) I really need a job! I've had several part time jobs, but I'm having serious trouble finding a full time job that is actually relevant to my degree (I did not spend 4 years studying biology to work in a shop...) Unfortunately for me there's very little available in sciency careers at the moment, so I'll probably end up doing another temp job for a while... joy...

6) Catch up on TV shows I should've seen ages ago! I lost track of the recent series of Dexter, so I gave up and now I need to watch it! I also really want to watch Lost- I watched the first few seasons but I moved to uni and work got in the way, but now I have more time (one benefit to my current unemployment) I plan to watch through it :)

7) Maintain nice(ish) nails- they've improved a lot over the past year (thanks to a love of nail art and learning how to actually  take care of my nails) but they still have bad days/weeks and I'm determined to keep them as healthy as possible :)

8) Organise my bedroom- especially my make up and nail polish storage... there's now a little bit too much stuff to fit the way it used to, I need a trip to Ikea for some new storage (any excuse, I love Ikea!) and some time rearranging all my stuff! I'd also quite like to persuade my sister that she needs to do the same, her room makes mine look like a minimalist spa centre... and I'm worried she might end up as the star of an extreme hoarders programme when she's older... Hopefully she'll allow me to help her clear out at least some stuff!

9) Read more books! I go through phases with reading- I can go for months without reading a single book, then the next month I'll spend every spare minute reading 3 books a week... I really want to read some classics (1984, Of Mice and Men, Wuthering Heights etc.) and some other books (like Cecelia Ahern's The Gift) that I've had on my 'to read' list for ages.

10) Stop buying nail polish. I really do have plenty to keep me entertained so I think I need to put myself on a no-buy for a while- or at least stop purchasing things on a whim; I need a to be more sensible with my spending!

And one last, really short term goal: get a hair cut!!! It's been months since I had my hair cut- it's really long (which I love) but it's getting a bit split-endy... I need to book an appointment asap!


What are your goals for 2012?


                                                                                                      xGretalRabbitx

11 comments:

  1. Some fab goals there, I too need to stop buying nail varnishes, its getting ridiculous!
    I plan on organising myself a bit more, but I plan that every month and fail so I doubt this will be any different! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I think I must have about 122 now... Aww maybe this time it will stick! Buy a diary and put everything, or write to-do lists for each day (my favourite things!)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Happy new Year to you too :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad and I are building nail polish storage/display racks together. It's going to be great xD Happy New Year though <3 I comment the most on your blog, feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh have fun- I hope it turns out well (post pictures!!!) Happy new year! Aww thank you, I do feel special, I appreciate every single comment :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good list!! :D I LOVE what you named your rats. I am a huge Lord of the Rings AND Harry Potter fan. :D

    I am going to eat better, exercise and quit smoking. I also really need to organize my room! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Yep we are too (obviously...) if we got girls one would've been called Luna :) Good resolutions, I hope they go well for you :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals especially the job hunting. I did a degree in Psychology to end up in Customer Service/Admin roles for a few years before deciding I wanted to retrain so I have the job hunt coming up again in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, no science jobs out there. Should have been told this before went to uni really. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Shelly, I have all my fingers crossed (but I know I will probably end up doing something very different to what I want for a while)

    Enigma my problem is that when I started my degree (2006) there were lots of science jobs! But by the time I graduated a lot had changed... Thank you, good luck with yours if you have any!

    xGretalRabbit

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)