Monday 12 December 2011

Challenge Week 11: Violet!

I really cannot believe it's been 11 weeks since I started the 52 week nail challenge- it's gone SO fast! And I'm really really glad so many other people are taking part, I love that so many people (all over the world) are doing nail art based on themes that I thought up when I couldn't sleep at about 3am...

Anyway, this weeks theme is violet- and I decided that No7s Violetta was the perfect polish for it- it's my favourite purple and it even has violet in the name!

I started off with 2 coats of this lovely shade :)




And naturally I didn't want to leave it entirely plain- but seeing as my sisters attempt at crackling over it (see my sisters NOTD) and Nail Newbies attempt at stamping over it both went rather badly, I wasn't sure what to do. I eventually remembered my matte top coat and gave that a try- and then I tried a glitter gradient with my new Barry M Silver Glitter on my ring finger (which I also mattified) I think it turned out quite well, though the matte effect does make Violetta seem a lot darker and the silver glitter did become a little lilac tinted (which I actually really like!).







Annoyingly having a mani that is both purple and matte seems impossible to capture properly on camera- especially when it's so dark outside (I can't remember the last time I took pictures in daylight- it's getting dark at about 3pm now!!!)


What's your favourite purple polish? Any tips on photographing in the dark?



                                                                                                   xGretalRabbitx

7 comments:

  1. Atleast you can tell it's purple and not blue - that's a good enough start already!

    I've heard that lightboxes are a smart way to get amazing shots at night, and they're like really simple DIY projects that don't cost much. Look at the lightbox video on mah blog, I'm trying to make one when I get time myself.

    PS cute mani <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this polish is so beautiful!!! :D What a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award :D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that is true! The colour is relatively accurate actually :) Yeah I've heard that too, but don't you need more lights to surround it? (I don't have any!) I will look into it though- but for the moment there's quite a nice spot (in the kitchen of all places) that photographs ok for me.

    Aww thank you Ashesela, I love the colour too- and I really must catch up on all the awards and tags you keep tagging me in!

    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It gets dark at about 2.30 which means there never is enough time for photographing nails! I got a LED USB light from poundland and it seems to help. Thanks for tagging me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally forgot to say I was so close to picking this polish for the violet challenge! Ended up with something a little different, I'll post it later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ridiculous isn't it! I hate England!!! Ooh that sounds good- I'll look out for one thanks :)

    Yay I can't wait to see your post :)

    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)