Thursday 5 April 2012

A little haul (yet more polish and lip balm!)

As I mentioned yesterday I've put myself on a spending ban for the rest of the month- I've bought lots of nail polishes recently, and whilst they are all (obviously) beautiful, I think I need to curb my spending a little, so this should be my last haul post for a while (if it's not please shout at me!)

Also, in case you're interested- I saw The Hunger Games yesterday, and I actually LOVED the film (there are a couple of bits that really annoyed me- mainly where Katniss got her pin from- but on the whole it was very faithful to the books, and it worked really really well on the big screen) and I wouldn't mind seeing it again tonight!

Onto purchases! And for once it's not *just* nail polish!




As soon as I saw Models Own Ibiza Mix I knew I had to own it- it contains such an unusual combination of glitter particle colours- mostly bronze and gold, with a lot of blue and some green lavender too- all in different sizes :) It looks great with just one coat (I think it would look awesome over browns, golds and blues in particular) but the nail wheel swatches below show 3 coats.

I also fell in love with Beauty UK Olympic Bronze when I first saw it on Liloo's blog too, it's not my usual sort of shade (I'm not really a fan of brownish shades) but this is beautiful; it's a deep, reddish bronze foil- very unique and pretty! It was on a 2 for £5 deal in Superdrug (normally £2.99 each), and I picked up another shade for Pryanka in our swap (this ones a surprise for her) And to make it ever better- like the Barry M Foils, this is a one coater!

I spotted another Technic gem in Bodycare too, this is the very appropriately named Mermaid- I'm not sure it's showing through in the pictures, but the glitters appear dark blue, pale blue and green in different lights, it really does give a mermaid tail effect! And for 99p I couldn't refuse. (Note to self, avoid Bodycare for the rest of April!)


Technic Mermaid, Beauty UK Olympic Bronze and Models Own Ibiza Mix


And the non-polish item, which I'm very very excited about is my Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (I HATE that they still spell it the American way, colour has a U!) After careful consideration I picked out Strawberry Shortcake- probably no surprise really, as it's my typical shade; a lovely cool toned pale pink :) So far I love the formula and the shade, though I'm not sure I'll buy any more, £7.99 seems on the pricey side to me. But I'll post a full review soon, when I've used it a little more :)






Have you bought any Revlon lip butters yet?



                                                                                             xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Lip Butters yet. I am really thinking about getting 1 or 2 though (its always nice to have a few shades). Is it soft and moisturizing or more like a gloss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it is! They're definitely lip balms- nice and moisturising and I'd definitely recommend them (keep a look out for a proper review soon :) )
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Weeeee a surprise polish! I have some surprise goodies for you too, just you wait! <3 Tell me how the Lip Butter works out! Right now I've been using a Dior Addict lipstick. (THEY'RE USD $30, RIDICULOUSSSSNESS) but it's so soft and hydrating I think it's all I've been using for months. Don't even need a balm under it, and it leaves my lips soft even when the color fades. So if your review of the Revlon holds up to the Dior, I might have to pick one and try it out. What other shades did you like in their line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm excited! Will do, I think I'll post my review tomorrow actually :) I don't think theres a shade I didn't like, they all seem well pigmented, just depends on what colours you like and what suits you :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. I'm always tagging you! ha sorry for the bother!! I doubt you haven't been tagged for the versatile blogger already since you have such a versatile blog.
    http://nailmovement.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award-and-11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be silly, I love getting tagged!- thank you so much for thinking of me :) I have done both tags, but I love your 11 questions so I think I'll post them at some point anyway!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)