Sunday 29 April 2012

Peanut Butter Frosting (with chocolate cupcakes!)

Sorry if you think I've gone a bit peanut butter mad recently, after last weeks peanut butter cookie recipe- but I've been thinking about making peanut butter frosting for quite a while now- and I'm really glad I got around to it this weekend, because it is AMAZING!

I decided that having some kind of peanut butter cupcake would be overkill, so I made a batch of Chocolate Cupcakes; chocolate and peanut butter is a classic combination (for very good reason) :)


You will need:

250g icing sugar
80g unsalted butter (room temperature)
25ml milk
80g Peanut Butter (smooth not crunchy!)


1) Place the icing sugar and butter in a bowl and beat on a low speed (to minimise mess) until it's combined.

2) Add the milk and beat on high for about 5 minutes- to get nice fluffy frosting :)





3) Add the peanut butter and stir it in, then smother your cupcakes in it!




The frosting reminds me a little of the insides of Reece's peanut butter cups- but much smoother and creamier, I could quite happily eat it out of the bowl! I like that it's not a really strong peanut flavour, it's pretty subtle, and very very yummy :)



                                                                                                       xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)