Tuesday 3 July 2012

Challenge Week 40: Glitter!!!!!!!!!

Time is (as always) flying by, and it's week 40 already! This is a theme I've been looking forward to a lot! You know I love glitter! :) (Unfortunately my camera and/or the lighting set up I used yesterday to photograph my nails did not love glitter... which is why I'm a day later than usual with this post, sorry!)

Instead of going for a subtle look, or even just one colour- I basically couldn't decide which colour glitter to use, (I never can, can I?) so I did the only 'sensible thing'.... go all out crazy and use 5 different colours - one for each of my nails! :) I picked out 5 glitters and a complementary base colour for each (to avoid needing 20000 coats of glitter for full coverage) and did 2 coats of base, followed by 2 coats of glitter.









I'm often frustrated at how glitters show up on my camera- in real life these nails are SO SPARKLY!!! The glitters go really well with the base shades I picked out, and they really do look like little multicoloured disco balls!


Barry M Red Glitter, e.l.f. Red Velvet, Barry M Silver Glitter, Silver Foil and Blue Glitter, No7 Stand Back
e.l.f. Twinkle, Barry M Gold Foil, Models Own Purple Haze, e.l.f. Purple Dream

I have to say that I am NOT looking forward to removing this nail polish.... (so much glitter...) but I do love looking at sparkly nails :)


Are you a glitter fan like me?



                                                                                                           xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

  1. I really like the silver nail :) mine wasnt as colourful as yours (http://enigmatic-rambles.blogspot.co.uk/p/52-week-challange.html) I've already done tribal for the fashion week. Agh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe your glitter one is awesome! :) Oops, I'm sure you can think of something else to do... aboriginal art maybe?
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)