Thursday 1 November 2012

Challenge Week 4: Gradient or Ombre.

Hi again, it's been a bit of a crazy week for me, my friend and I are planning to move into a flat together, and this week has been full of trawling estate agents websites, apartment viewings, and some serious planning sessions- we're super super excited about it (we both currently live with our respective parents, and it's getting us down) but I will be glad when we find a place and settle, as I'm finding it rather stressful!

Anyway, what that ramble was trying to say it that, I am, once again, very sorry that I've been neglecting my blog; it's so frustrating for me! And as I am, once again, behind on the challenge (I MUST catch up!) I am still on gradient nails :)

As I did an ombre not too long ago, I decided to do a gradient nail, and realised that I've never actually done a full glitter gradient NOTD- my sister has, and I've done an accent nail, and I felt that needed to change!

The colour choice was rather easy; I was excited to try out my new Barry M Gelly polish (I have more, I really need to get my haul post up to show you all!) and seeing as it is such a Barbie-ish shade, I felt that glitter was the only way to go. Specifically, super-holographic glitter!!!









I started off with the Barry M Gelly 'Grapefruit' polish as a base, then added a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust over the top 2/3 of my nail, and a second coat over the top 1/2. I then used Models Own Juicy Jules on the top 1/3, then another layer on the top 1/4- I'm not sure it shows perfectly in the pictures, but in real life you can tell that the glitter gets more dense further up the nail- so holographic and awesome! I love it so much!


SO MUCH GLITTER!!!!
Barry M Gelly in Grapefruit, China Glaze Fairy Dust and Models Own Juicy Jules

Are you a glitter freak like me? (I'm so glad it's nearly Christmas, glitter is WAY more socially acceptable!)



                                                                                                                   xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)